Comboex: CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Aug 21 02:59:48 CDT 2002

> Does anyone know WT!$@# is CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT supposed to do?

CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT
Allows the ComboBoxEx control to be vertically sized smaller than
its contained combo box control. If the ComboBoxEx is sized smaller
than the combo box, the combo box will be clipped.

> I'd like to finish Comboex, and this is giving me grief...

OK. :-)

PS. In case you didn't know here are all ComboBox extended styles:

CBES_EX_CASESENSITIVE
String searches in the list will be case sensitive.
This includes searches as a result of text being typed
in the edit box and the CB_FINDSTRINGEXACT message.

CBES_EX_NOEDITIMAGE
The edit box and the dropdown list will not display item images.

CBES_EX_NOEDITIMAGEINDENT
The edit box and the dropdown list will not display item images.

CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT
Allows the ComboBoxEx control to be vertically sized smaller than
its contained combo box control. If the ComboBoxEx is sized smaller
than the combo box, the combo box will be clipped.

CBES_EX_PATHWORDBREAKPROC
Windows NT only. The edit box will use the slash (/), backslash (\),
and period (.) characters as word delimiters. This makes keyboard
shortcuts for word-by-word cursor movement (CTRL+ARROW) effective
in path names and URLs.

Note: if you try to set an extended style for a ComboBoxEx control
created with the CBS_SIMPLE style, it might not repaint properly.
The CBS_SIMPLE style also does not work properly with the
CBES_EX_PATHWORDBREAKPROC extended style.