Comboex: CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Aug 21 10:24:53 CDT 2002

> On August 21, 2002 03:59 am, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > > Does anyone know WT!$@# is CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT supposed to do?
> >
> > CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT
> > Allows the ComboBoxEx control to be vertically sized smaller than
> > its contained combo box control. If the ComboBoxEx is sized smaller
> > than the combo box, the combo box will be clipped.
>
> Sorry, I should have been more explicit. Of course I know what the
> official documentation says... What I don't understand is what is this
> supposed to do, exactly?

Exactly what it says. :-)

Seriously. I'm not sure.

It might mean that the height of the height of the combobox shouldn't
be enlarged if it doesn't fit.

Look at the code below. Perhaps
	if( infoPtr->himl ) {
should be changed to
	if( infoPtr->himl && !(infoPtr->dwExtStyle & CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT) )
{
or something.

Possible should other places be changed as well. Not sure.

I don't understand what it would be useful for either. Oh well...

Does anybody have any other ideas?

---8<---

static void COMBOEX_ReSize (COMBOEX_INFO *infoPtr)
{
    SIZE mysize;
    UINT cy;
    IMAGEINFO iinfo;

    COMBOEX_GetComboFontSize (infoPtr, &mysize);
    cy = mysize.cy + CBE_EXTRA;
    if (infoPtr->himl) {
        ImageList_GetImageInfo(infoPtr->himl, 0, &iinfo);
        cy = max (iinfo.rcImage.bottom - iinfo.rcImage.top, cy);
        TRACE("upgraded height due to image:  height=%d\n", cy);
    }
    SendMessageW (infoPtr->hwndSelf, CB_SETITEMHEIGHT, (WPARAM)-1,
(LPARAM)cy);
    if (infoPtr->hwndCombo)
        SendMessageW (infoPtr->hwndCombo, CB_SETITEMHEIGHT,
                      (WPARAM) 0, (LPARAM) cy);
}