Comboex: CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT

Bill Medland billmedland at look.ca
Wed Aug 21 13:21:12 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com>
To: "Wine Devel" <wine-devel at winehq.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 11:32 PM
Subject: Comboex: CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT

> Does anyone know WT!$@# is CBES_EX_NOSIZELIMIT supposed to do?
>
> I'd like to finish Comboex, and this is giving me grief...
>
> TIA,
> Dimi.

A propos

Coincidentally I am just starting to investigate an issue with our software
that relates to the ComboBox code so since you are thinking about it maybe
you can bear it in mind.

The application, in an attempt to control the number of visible items, calls
CWindow::SetPosition (NULL, 0,0,width,height,
(SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_NOOWNERZORDER|SWP_NOREDRAW|SWP_NOREPOSITION|SWP_NOSENDCHANGI
NG|SWP_NOZORDER /* )
What the heck is left!! */)
followed by CWindow::ResizeClient(width,height,TRUE)

Under windows after the SetPosition call the actual window height is still
unchanged at about 21 even though the request was for about 307, but the
listbox is constrained by the size.
Under Wine after the SetPosition call the actual window height is changed.

I guess this means that the ComboBox should be handling the WM_NCCALCSIZE
message.

Any ideas?

Bill