--dll buggy behaviour ?

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Sun Aug 25 14:19:41 CDT 2002

Oi,

Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> I agree, but what do you need to write in order to change the dlls for
>> a built-in application ?
>> A question was already asked on the list, but no valuable answer was
>> found.
>> The builtin application chosen was wcmd.
>wcmd.exe should work. in fact, this should be inserted in the wine
>config file which will populate dynamically the registry (writting
>directly to the registry files won't work.

Why not?

I was thinking that this would be a good way to add specific apps
overrides to the global registry (thru regapi).

>for example, add this to ~/.wine/config to run shell32/shell as native
>by default
>
>[AppDefaults\\wcmd.exe\\DllOverrides]
>"shell32"="n,b"
>"shell"="n,b"
>
>(see documentation/samples/config for more details and examples)

In my original issue (with IE 5 installer),
I set the default DllOverrides and the AppDefaults\\acmesetup.exe\\DllOverrides to
"comctl32"="builtin"
"commctrl"="builtin"

and --dll comctl32,commctrl=b

acmesetup.exe still loads its own comctl32.dll

The only way in this situation to get IE 5 installed is to use a native
commctrl.dll.

I don't know the win32 api too well.  However if it is possible for an
application to use its dll (and override the config) which
debugmsg channel will show this?

>A+

[]'s
Raul Dias