RFC: 'test' bugzilla keyword

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Aug 27 19:11:57 CDT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Paul Millar wrote:
[...]
> > Maybe 'conformance' would work?
>
> Personally, I prefer "regression" to "conformance", although both are
> applicable names.

The problem is we already have a 'regression' keyword with a reasonable
meaning: 'bugs relating to programs that were working at one time but
stoped working for some reason'. But this does not specifically cover
the 'conformance test suite'.

If a conformance test used to work and no longer does, then I think it
would be reasonable to tag it as 'conformance, regression'.

But I have also found that some tests do not pass on Windows. IIRC,
there's a test having to do with TEMP that fails if it is set to
'c:\Windows\Temp' rather than 'c:\'. I would like to be able to make a
bug report and tag it with a keyword to indicate it is related to the
'conformance test suite' (or whatever we want to call it). Similarly,
there would be reports to be made about the conformance tests as run on
FreeBSD and Solaris. And note that none of these are regressions.

                            1 + e ^ ( i * pi ) = 0