WineDbg and sources

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 29 12:14:00 CDT 2002

Fabian Cenedese a écrit :

> Hello
>
> If WineDbg stops it tries to show the actual source line. With my files it
> always says "Unable to open file X" Looking into debugger/source.c I found
> that it always bails out after stat (returns -1). This seems like it can't find
> the file. But if I use wine wcmd I can go there without a problem. My guess
> is that stat is a Unix tool and therefore case sensitive so this could arise
> a problem. But still after trying out different cases it could never find my
> source files. The code looks good as does the (windows-) path it is looking
> for the file. The only reason is the failing return value of stat.
> Is it important if the files are Dos/Unix style? (Kate says it's Unix).
> Does anybody have any ideas?
the point is rather that under windows, file names are case insensitive
(even if they are stored with lower/upper cases)
since the debugger doesn't open files with the Windows interface but
with the unix interface, name lookup likely fails
we should rewrite it using windows API (or link winedbg with msvcrt
instead of glibc)
the DOS/Unix style (if you mean the \r\n vs \n issues) shouldn't matter

I'll try to give a try later on

A+