DOSFS_FindUnixName and "unix" filesystem (was: Re: (HELP) ...)

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Fri Aug 30 02:14:54 CDT 2002

Am Don, 2002-08-29 um 18.37 schrieb Duane Clark:

> Since I also was stumbled for a long period on a similar problem, due to
> specifying a "unix" filesystem, perhaps it would be appropriate in the
> documentation to put some large warnings on that option.

Wait a bit - the usual suspect is not guilty here.

My FS used to be "win95" all the time. I just reckoned "unix" might come
as a friend here. For "win95", it is inherently clear that "wine" and
"Wine" can't be distinguished. For "unix", that shouldn't be so.

Thus I suggest improving "unix" and make it work nicely in cases where
"win95" cannot possibly do the job, rather than deprecating it.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409