Adding support for xxx_test.exe all

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Dec 2 02:33:34 CST 2002

On 30 Nov 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
[...]
> > Do others find this patch acceptable? Useful?
>
> The drawback I see is that with this change the tests do not start
> with a clean process state, which could cause problem for some of
> them. Or we need to require that all tests cleanup properly after
> them, which may be a bit painful.

Tests have to cleanup behind themselves to some extent otherwise it
means they cannot be run twice in a row and that would be very bad.
But yes, they might leave static variables behind or environment
variables or whatnot. That would really not be very clean. The tests
don't work well enough on Windows that I know whether that is the case
or not.

Note that it would be pretty easy to just 'system("xxx_test.exe foo")
each individual test which would solve the above issue. It may be that
with Patrik's script for running all tests the need for an 'xxx_test.exe
all' may be lower. I'll play some more with the tests and maybe I'll
submit a patch that adds an 'all' option based on 'system'.

                           La terre est une bêta...