Screenshots v0.1

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Dec 2 09:45:34 CST 2002

On December 1, 2002 02:41 pm, Brian Vincent wrote:
> I've gotten a lot of great screenshots over the past few weeks.  I've
> put together a preview you can find here:
>
>     http://www.theshell.com/~vinn/ss/preview.html

Very nice! I'll add the link to the TODO entry.

> Be warned, the format isn't the best, the thumbnails aren't even close
> to optimized, I only looked at it in one browser, and it might even steal
> your lunch money.

They look great man, what do you want to optimize them for? :)

> Okay, if you've read this far maybe you're expecting something to
> prompt discussion.  One of the things you'll notice is there's a
> lot of screenshots on there there almost certainly don't run out
> of the box.  In some instances the folks above listed exactly what
> they had to do to make it run.  Personally, I don't think it matters.
> We already have the apps DB and the proposed "Gold/Silver/.." apps
> list, I really don't think we need more than a link to one of those.

Indeed. I would say as long as the app runs decently (with whatever tricks)
it's OK. But if the app runs enough just to produce the shot... it's not
fair, kinda like false advertisement.

--
Dimi.