How to fix display errors?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at tba.elte.hu
Mon Dec 2 11:45:34 CST 2002

               Hello,

I decided to forward a previous post of mine from the users'
newsgroup, since I got no answers there, and consider this a
developer question: I'd like to correct some bugs.  Having
read the Developers' Guide didn't help me much: the relevant
topic was empty (the program runs, but shows some errors).
Perhaps you can point me in the right direction (I mean:
source file in the tree)?  Below is the article.

See a screenshot at http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/wine.png
(25K).  It exhibits several slight problems.

1. The scrollable list has no border (Suchanfrage window,
   above the Phrasensuche checkbox).

2. The text input field (with Goethe in it) has no border,
   too.

3. The "Minimize" button is misplaced: clicking to the right
   of it invokes its action, the button itself is not
   clickable.

4. The little toolbar window to the right looks strange, but
   what is worse, it is sticky: appears on every viewport
   (It's not managed by fvwm2, like the main window.)  The
   Suchanfrage subwindow is not sticky.

While executing the program, I get the following messages:

err:toolbar:ToolbarWindowProc unknown msg 0465 wp=0000004c lp=412c1d70
fixme:accel:CreateAcceleratorTableA should check that the accelerator descriptions are valid, return NULL and SetLastError() if not.
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
err:statusbar:StatusWindowProc unknown msg 0486 wp=0000 lp=00000000
err:toolbar:ToolbarWindowProc unknown msg 0486 wp=00000000 lp=00000000
fixme:accel:CreateAcceleratorTableA should check that the accelerator descriptions are valid, return NULL and SetLastError() if not.
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub

Is there anything I can do about the above (cosmetic)
errors?  I use a recent CVS checkout (Wine 20021125), and I
know C programming, but have no experience with graphics and
Windows.
                                           Feri.