Wine 0.9 TODO v0.6

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Dec 2 13:40:23 CST 2002

On December 2, 2002 02:21 pm, Hetz Ben-Hamo wrote:
> I looked at the screenshots. Looks very impressive but very problematic..
>
> Why problematic? simple:
>
> most of those applications requires many tweaks to run.

Yes, this is why we're going to have the Gold page, listing apps that you
can get going without any tricks. It's going to contain screenshots as
well, it's going to be self contained.

This page is a little different, there no point in putting the same
constraints on it as the Gold page. That being said, I fully agree
with you. So I think that we should:
  * NOT include apps that crash or don't work reasonable well
    Just starting up enough to take a shot is not good enough
  * NOT include apps that can not be tweaked into working with
    a reasonable enough of effort. Apps that _require_ cxoffice
    or WineX have no place on this page
  * DO include a warning saying that the apps featured on this
    page may require teaks to get working. Each shot should have
    a link to the appropriate entry on the appdb that has up to
    date instructions on how to get the app working
  * TRIM the list rather than have lots and lots of apps that
    may not work right, or have installation problems, etc.

--
Dimi.