Janitorial Projects

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Dec 2 14:38:45 CST 2002

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
[...]
> > >   * arrange such that we can generate _one_ executable for all tests
> >
> > I think this is not necessary. All we need is a batch file to invoke all
> > the tests and Patrik has already supplied that part.
>
> It's not necessary, but it would be nice. A bunch of tests with a batch
> file have to be packaged in a .zip, downloaded, unzipped, figure out what
> to run, etc. If we could instead provide _one_ executable, testing on
> Windows would be a simple click on a webpage, and I guess a lot of people
> can, and are willing to do that.
>
> Again, I take myself as an example: I simply loath to have to figure out
> where to unzip something, pollute my dirs, etc.

You should be able to unzip the tests anywhere. Sure that means you will
have a lot of choice and may have to make hard decisions<g>.

Besides, I'm not sure one can compile all the tests in just one
executable or that it would be wise. There would be quite a high risk of
naming conflicts between the tests, and that executable would have to
link with tons of libraries for instance.

                  Dieu dit: "M-x Lumière". Et la lumière fut.