bug (regression) in ddraw/d3d

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Dec 2 21:09:12 CST 2002

> Im still trying to find the bug (and then a fix :-), but it would help
> me a lot, if someone could tell me where the GL_IDirect3DImpl_3_CreateDevice
> gets called from.

Well, the real question is to wonder why the application requests to create
a Direct3DDevice2 and not a D3DDevice3 as it should...

For that, look at any enumeration function called before this and check that
it returns the right interface. Because, well, the application cannot just
invent this GUID, it needs to get it from somewhere.

Check also your registry (so that maybe if there was a bug once, you maybe
'polluted' your registry with an old and wrong GIUD that now makes the
application crash).

Anyway, not really able to debug right now (I am 'roaming' and on Win2K
right now as I have no net access on Linux).

                                       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/