HTML Help and IWebBrowser status

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Dec 3 10:10:49 CST 2002

On December 3, 2002 05:46 am, Ender wrote:
> Currently the HTML Help viewer requires an IWebBrowser interface, and only
> really works with an Internet Explorer installation - so I don't believe
> it should be commited into WINE proper yet. We don't want applications in
> our own CVS that require native dlls :)

I think you should submit it like this. IWebBrowser is a standard Win
interface that we are going to support, so there's no reason for winhelp
to make use of it. The fact that we don't have our own _implementation_
doesn't change a thing. They are perfectly separate issues.

And in any event, if HTML Help works with IE, it's better than nothing,
as it gives people a chance of working with it, test it out, even submit
patches against it. :)))

--
Dimi.