Dll separation question

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Dec 4 12:55:00 CST 2002

Martin Wilck <Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com> writes:

> I am sorry to say that I still don't quite understand this issue, but -
> can anybody point me to a resource saying what exactly I may or may not
> do when writing code for a wine DLL? In particular, when writing code
> for DLL X, which functions from other DLLs may I call?

The rules are that you can only call exported functions, and that you
can't add dll imports that would create a circular dependency. You can
find the list of existing dependencies near the end of dlls/Makefile.in.

> Example: When writing netapi32 code, can I call advai32 Registry
> functions to obtain config options, or do I need to use the (IMO rather
> awkward) ntdll interface ?

netapi32 already imports advapi32, so you can freely use the registry
functions from there.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com