Registering DLL's

John K. Hohm jhohm at acm.org
Wed Dec 4 18:44:36 CST 2002

Alexandre said:
> Part of it should be done with DllRegisterServer, the rest can be
> handled by the .inf script. And I think it's OK to add the necessary
> DllRegisterServer entry points even if the native dll doesn't have
> them.

I'm glad you feel that way.  I created bug 1117, "Make all Wine OLE DLLs
self-registerable", and have been working on an implementation.  For some reason
I can't accept the bug; though I've tried several times, it stays at UNCONFIRMED.

What to do about DLLs like ole32.dll that have a native DllRegisterServer but no
corresponding DllUnregisterServer?  I'm inclined to include it for completeness,
though it's unlikely that anyone would ever want to unregister such a basic
system DLL.

I posted my idea for representing the registration data, accidentally from
"jhohm at happyhappy.dyndns.org" rather than my usual "jhohm at acm.org" (see
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/11/1409.html), but I haven't
gotten any responses, not even "looks fine" or "you are a moron".  I guess I'll
just start submitting patches, then.