[RFC] wrc & windres

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Dec 5 11:07:09 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Well, that's the idea, really. But I have to find a way to mark the
> special .o files somehow. I don't think just touching them works,
> because of possible separate source and build trees.

I think it would work, the .res is going to be in the build tree
too. You could also create a symlink if you are concerned about
that. But maybe a better approach would be to simply output the .res
into a .o and have winebuild check the file header to recognize when
an object file is a .res in disguise; this way you don't need an
intermediate .res.

> BTW, storing the .res content in the .o file has the small benefit
> that resource compilation happens at the expected place in the
> build process, but I guess we can defer it to winewrap, no problem.

Not sure what you mean here; the .res is already compiled anyway.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com