what to do with include/wine/obj_base.h?

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Fri Dec 6 12:59:10 CST 2002

On 6 Dec 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Ove Kaaven <ovehk at ping.uio.no> writes:
>
> > 4) make widl not use macros at all, but emit full C and C++ definitions
> > directly (this is what midl.exe does, it seems)
>
> I'd say this is the way to go if it's not too painful, it seems to be
> the most flexible. In any case obj_base.h has to go, so if we keep the
> macros they have to be put inside one of the standard headers, which
> wouldn't be very clean.

We may have to keep the macros anyway, there are headers that use them
that can't be generated from IDL, like the DirectX headers. I suppose they
could be converted to using the MS-style objbase.h macros by perl scripts
or by rewriting them from api headers or something, but someone else would
have to take on that task, I think.

But I'll try to add a widl header generation mode that don't use macros,
then.