Cabinet FDICreate()

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Fri Dec 6 15:15:25 CST 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 06:36 am, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > The MSXML4 .msi package dies with :
> >
> > fixme:cabinet:FDICreate (0x525bee, 0x525bf3, 0x52668d, 0x525e99,
> > 0x525bf8, 0x525fb9, 0x526042, -1, 0x54a2a8): stub
> >
> > Is this scheduled to be implemented as part of the cabinet merge in
> > work?

yes.

> IIRC Greg Turner volunteer to do it however, also said I might take a
> while before getting around to do it.

indeed!

> If not, install and use the native cabinet.dll instead.

yes, this works like a charm.

I'm looking into cabinet now.  You are correct that, the fci.h and fdi.h
functions ought to be relatively easy since we have the cabextract code
gifted to us.

The sticking point for me has been "Extract" which is undocumented, and
used by the IE installers.  I'm going to look at the .pdb symbols from
XP in the hopes that they will give me a clue what the argument
structure is... otherwise, I guess it's going to be trial and error or
deducing the meaning from disassembly.

Also, I will probably do the FDI and FCI functions last, and the
"Extract" and "DeleteExtractedFiles" (or whatever it's called) first.
The reason: this way I can be more confident that I have successfully
ported the cabextract code to wine before I start changing the overall
flow of the program and potentially create new, non-porting-related
bugs.

cabinet.dll may take some time, and I may multitask while I work on it
by doing some RPCRT4 stuff, but it's basically at the top of my queue
right now.  Of course, that doesn't mean it still won't take forever :)

--
gmt