tools/wrc/wrc.c portability breakage

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Dec 7 10:26:36 CST 2002

On December 7, 2002 11:12 am, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> It's the other way around: Not *BSD needs a special treatment, but
> getopt_long() only exists on GNU systems (it depends on GNU, not the
> Linux kernel), nowhere else.

It's all a matter of perspective: if you count by the percentage of
system types that have getopt_long, you are correct, but if you count
by the number of installed systems the situation is reversed.

Nevertheless, I will fix this for you. But I would like to note that
an actual patch to fix this problem from the people that care about it
would help a lot more than complaining about it. The fix is fairly
simple (implement getopt_long in port.[hc], either by degrading to
getopt, or by copying the getopt_long implementation from glibc, which
now has a compatible license), and it's so much easier to test its
correction on the actual problematic system.

--
Dimi.