Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 8 05:12:12 CST 2002

If you want act in this way, I have something for you.
This could help Paul Jones, who is searching how to "launch" *.msi
installers.

The better way we can handle this is a program who tries to open every
document we give to it. A freeware utility exists in cygwin world and
is called cygstart, using the existing registry. If we give it a .doc,
it looks in HKCR and starts Worpad/Winword.

If we tweak the registry of a .inf (winedefault.reg), we can ask it to
launch a tiny program that will open the .inf and run the program
specified.

> I have not seen this work either and definitely not with an .inf. Yes
> it
> would be cool and if you want to start a bug concerning it feel free.
> am not that worried about it though. The way I see it is that most of
>
> this is not realy a wine problem but rather with setting up autorun
> so
> that it is able to understand what to do with an .inf file. I suppose
>
> another way to look at it might be that wcmd could/should be able to
> handle something like "wcmd autorun.inf".

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus in Matrix, chapter 15.