wine/dlls/winsock/socket.c: Force SO_REUSEADDR ...

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Tue Dec 10 03:54:35 CST 2002

Hi,

judging from the Traces these programs are rare examples of lame network
programming. You find series of things that shouldn't be done, such as
bind()ing in a client application, not closing down a socket cleanly but
expecting the next bind() to the same address to succeed, polling the
socket with ioctl (FIONREAD), etc.

I am really asking myself if it's right to hack wine to violate the
specs just for the sake of so poorly programmed applications.

I'd be grateful for advice by experienced Wine hackers here.
Perhaps we need to introduce Windows version-dependent behavior.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409