MSI (MS Installer)

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Tue Dec 10 07:39:39 CST 2002

Indeed, and quite a few apps are starting to ship only with MSIs. As XP
replaces 98, that is only going to become a bigger problem.

For now, having a script which downloads and installs the MSI system
from microsoft.com should suffice. It'd have to fake user agent strings,
but that's no big deal. MS won't pull that download for quite some time,
at least until the user base of 98 is negligable, so it's not an
immediately pressing problem.