lz32 & kernel32

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Dec 10 03:06:54 CST 2002

I have checked the Wine spec files against the list of APIs exported by
the various Windows libraries and started on resolving the
discrepancies.

One of the (smaller) things I found is that in Win2000 and WinXP the LZ
API is implemented in kernel32 and lz32 only contains forwards that
point to kernel32. In all other Windows version however, the LZ API is
not available from kernel32 and is implemented in lz32.

What should we do? Should we have kernel32 import lz32 and forward the
LZ functions it? Or should we do like Windows, which means moving the LZ
APIs to kernel32, and turn all the entry points in lz32 into forwards
pointing to kernel32 like on Windows?

                     Avoid the Gates of Hell - use Linux.