possible memory corruption

steve.lustbader at philips.com steve.lustbader at philips.com
Tue Dec 10 13:39:43 CST 2002

>>    steve> When I try to load a window in my app that has a treeview in it,
>>    steve> it crashes immediately, before the window even gets displayed.
>>    steve> This is the end of the backtrace:
>>
>> Try running with native commctrl to see if the corruption comes from our
>> commctrl implementation. Then run with --debugmsg +relay,+heap. Wine will
>> check on every heap manipulation to see if the heap is still okay. Then
>>look what corrupted the heap.
>
>It works fine with a native (WinXP) comctl32.dll.  I'll post the +relay,+heap
>output shortly.

Is there a way to turn debug output on/off?  I don't get the heap corruption
until my app starts and I open a specific window, but it takes forever for my
app to start using +relay,+heap.  I don't need the output at first, since
everything is fine in the beginning, so I'd like to be able to turn the debug
output on just before I open the window that causes the problem.

-Steve