W2K results from the current tests

Jeff Smith whydoubt at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 11 11:04:44 CST 2002

>From: "Rolf Kalbermatter" <rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com>
>
>W2K results from the current tests as downloaded from
>http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/winetests.zip
>
>They seem to match the WinXP tests mostly ;-).
>
>Just one remark. The tests output all there results on stderr so to
>redirect
>all info into a file when starting the batch file the command
>
>runtests.bat>>result.txt 2>&1
>
>seems very useful. This may not work on Win9x command prompts but it does
>on
>W2K and XP.

I wondered if the problem was output going to stderr.  I had not had
a chance to take a good look at it.  Is there anyway to tell the *test
programs* (i.e. not the script) to send output elsewhere, such as
stdout?  If not it should be added.  Then piping to a file should work
without any special incantations in Windows.  This is significant to me
now, as I am taking up Win98SE testing.

-- Jeff S