Wineboot

Alberto Massari alby at exln.com
Thu Dec 12 10:16:58 CST 2002

At 10.42 12/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On December 11, 2002 03:51 pm, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> > I have vulenteered to do likewise. I have not, however, managed to get
> > any statement from Andy regarding the current state, or any other
> > replies. If he replies to this email, great. If not, I suggest we work
> > on it together.
>
>I also did not get any response to my (potentially silly) proposal:
>   http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/11/0494.html

Personally, I would still prefer an external utility, to mimic the case
when the installer asks you "do you want me to reboot now?" and you say
"no, I'll do it later". In that case, I don't want to have file renamed,
etc... until I decide it's time to perform a reboot (by invoking wineboot).
So, in my opinion, the wine_need_reboot() function you name in that
pseudo-code should return TRUE only after one of the reboot functions have
been called (InitiateSystemShutdown, InitiateSystemShutdownEx, ExitWindowsEx).

Alberto