Win2000 Conformance Test Results...

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Dec 12 15:57:31 CST 2002

Hmmm, I meant to send this two days ago...

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, David Fraser wrote:
[...]
> for kernel32_test path, I got this additional error (before all the others)

I have made tons of fixes to the kernel/path test and it should now work
much better. I just uploaded the new version of the tests compiled from
my sources. One can download them from the usual URL:

http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/winetests.zip

[...]
> >process: 116 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 4 failures.
> >
> Exactly the same except I have 10 messages interspersed with these, saying:
> tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
> Why these extra messages?

Because this executable invokes itself to test CreateProcess. And each
time it exits it prints statistics about how many tests passed and
failed, although the child processes are not actually performing any
test. So these messages can be ignored.

> >h:\wine\wine\dlls\shlwapi\tests\shreg.c:218: Test failed: (6)
> >h:\wine\wine\dlls\shlwapi\tests\shreg.c:219: Test failed: (6,43)
> >h:\wine\wine\dlls\shlwapi\tests\shreg.c:220: Test failed: (3435973836)
[...]
> Same but I get 0 for all your 3435973836 which is 0xcccccccc. Must be a
> debug/release build thing - variable not being initialized.

Should not be the case. The code does:
	dwType = -1;
	dwRet = SHQueryValueExA( hKey, "Test3", NULL, &dwType, NULL, &dwSize);
	ok( dwType == REG_SZ, "(%lu)" , dwType);

So we should either get -1 or something that makes sense, not
0xcccccccc. This needs to be investigated more.

> Should we print out some of these results in hex as well to make life
> easier?

We should print them in just one format, decimal or hex, whichever makes
more sense.

> >I will now be concentrating on working out what is wrong with these
> >tests :)

Yep, I think this is priority number one now. Running the tests on more
platforms would only return pretty much the same list of bugs again and
again.

                            -- from some indian guy