wine/ tools/winebuild/winebuild.man.in tools/w ...

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Dec 12 22:00:09 CST 2002

Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> writes:

> So are we going to move away from using the *.spec files at some
> point and just use def's by themselves? I dont think this would work
> because of the stubs functions and I'm sure there is more about the
> .spec system I dont understand.

Right, it wouldn't work because of the stubs and the relay debugging
support. What I'm thinking of doing at some point is to allow using a
.def as alternative to a .spec, for cases where you don't need the
extra features, like when porting an existing dll to Winelib. But for
Wine itself we'll probably stick to .spec for the time being.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com