DLL separation for shell32

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Dec 13 13:35:25 CST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Steven Edwards wrote:
[...]
> I was going to try to submit a patch to work around waitpid because
> that seems easy but to emulate fork under windows is going to involve
> a nasty CreateProcess hack that I have not been able to get to work
> right.

It's not a basic fork. It's a fork+exec combination and that is easy to
replace with a CreateProcess. The only issue is that it is not starting
a Windows or Winelib app but a Unix shell script which is probably not
in the Windows path. But that should be solvable (e.g. by putting that
script in c:\Windows\System).

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...