msvcrt/ removal

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Dec 13 14:58:01 CST 2002

On 13 Dec 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:
>
> > Here is the problem:
> >   A. The msvcrt files include other msvcrt files, but they should
> >      do so *without* explicitly asking for them. That is, they should
> > 	#include "stdio.h"
> >      instead of:
> > 	#include "msvcrt/stdio.h"
>
> Do we actually need to include other headers from the msvcrt includes?
> My Windows headers don't include anything, but they are from an old
> VC++ version. Could someone with a newer VC++ check if this is still
> the case?

The difference is that the Windows header duplicate a lot of prototypes.
For instance one finds printf defined in io.h, stdio.h and wchar.h. In
fact wchar.h contains the prototypes of pretty much all the other
headers.

Our headers almost don't duplicate anything but include other headers
instead.

          tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY