It now hangs when running an install shield

Ben Clewett Ben at roadrunner.uk.com
Mon Dec 16 11:39:07 CST 2002

Wine,

You gues have already given me loada help, but straight onto my next
stage, and I get (my old friend) the Wine Console error traceback.

Running an Install Shield instalation, starts OK, gets past the initial
'Install Shield will now guide you through your instalation'.

Then blanks the screen for about ten minutes, returning with the console
showing:

Unhandles exception: page fault on write access to
E:\_ITSTMP.DIR\_INS55765._WP): movl %eax,0x28(%edx,%ecx,4)

Looked in /tmp/winetmp-root/_ITSTMP.DIR/* & can't see anything wrong.
'df' shows a few dozen gig free.

And clues?

I hope at the end of this, I can return the great feedback by answering
some questions my self :)

Ben