Include_winsock_h_before_stdlib_h_or_use_the_MSVCRT_library

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Dec 18 02:28:05 CST 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This does not work (<= is include):
>    winsock.h
> <= sys/types.h
> <= sys/select.h
>
> BANG! FD_CLR gets defined before we have a chance to manipulate it.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

I assume this is for Winelib. Then here are your choices as I see them:

 * if you want maximum compatibility, then use the msvcrt headers. Then
you will not have that problem.

 * if you want to use the regular Unix headers, then the price will be a
tinybit of reordering of the #includes so that sys/types.h gets included
after sys/types.h and that should work too.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any other solution.

Or did you really mean that winsock.h includes sys/types.h which then
includes sys/select.h which defines FD_CLR? If that's the case then a
bit of reordering of code in winsock.h should solve the problem.`

      Broadcast message : fin du monde dans cinq minutes, repentez vous !