Update to patches sgml

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 19 06:18:50 CST 2002

On December 19, 2002 01:56 am, Tony Lambregts wrote:
> Not a bad idea. how's this then.

Better. Did you look at this:
  http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/09/0127.html

The rules detailed in there are still valid:
  -- unified diff only (required)
  -- have a  decent subject (recommended)
  -- a long description (optional, if the change warrants it)
  -- a meaningful ChangeLog entry (required)
  -- new files, if any, included in patch, diffed against /dev/null (required)
  -- patch inlined at the end of the message (recommended)
  -- one changeset per message

What about including them in point-form for clarity, with some rationale
(as you did) for things like patch inlining, etc. Idea being that one
shouldn't have read the entire story if he/she only wants to see the rules.

The story is good for first timers that want to understand why we have these
rules/recommendations, so we can easily point them to them instead of having
to answer it in long email every time... :)

--
Dimi.