strcasecmp

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Thu Dec 19 08:26:38 CST 2002

> On December 18, 2002 05:06 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > There is the same issue gethostname(). Visual C++ does not define it in
> > the msvcrt headers so how does one compile wxWindows with visual C++?
>
> Because these are apps that compile under MinGW using their headers for
> libc, not the crtdll/msvcrt ones.
>
> In theory, we should compile such apps using the native libc headers,
> but that does not work. And it does not work because of -fwchar-short,
> which is a must...
>
> So we are in a bit of a bind: we _have_ to use msvcrt, but the app
> expects functions that are present only in the Unix/MinGW headers.
> What do we do?
>
> --
> Dimi.

If we are going to seriously support mingw then we need "mingw headers".
I am not sure if true mingw headres are different enuugh from normal
wine and msvcrt headers to warrant extra subdirectory, but logically
they form a separate set. I suggest to put conditionls (if needed) in
msvcrt headers corresponding to mingw headers, and make a separate
subdirectory for mingw headers which emulate Unix headers.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl    or hebisch at hera.math.uni.wroc.pl