Listview report mode tweaks

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Dec 20 11:10:29 CST 2002

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On December 19, 2002 07:48 pm, Duane Clark wrote:
>
>>I also altered LISTVIEW_GetSubItemRect so that it reports correct
>>values, as compared against WinNT on ControlSpy.
>

> Problem is that LISTVIEW_GetSubItemRect is documented to return
> same thing for LVIR_LABEL and LVIR_BOUNDS. Of course, incorrect
> documentation is known to exist, so as long as you checked it...
>
> However, when we implement things different from the documented
> behavior, a clear comment explaining why we deviate is appropriate.
> Otherwise, someone might get rid of it in the future. :(

Well well... I had not read the docs that closely. I did not expect the
definition of LVIR_LABEL to depend on what function used it.

This might require that I do a bit more testing. I had noticed that
LISTVIEW_GetSubItemRect was only specified for use with a "one-based
index of the subitem", but it works fine on WinNT with subitem '0', the
first item.

A little more testing shows that with subitem '0',
LISTVIEW_GetSubItemRect succeeds with LVIR_SELECTBOUNDS too, but that
item fails for any other subitem. So I suspect the correct behavior is
for subitem '0' to pass the request on to LISTVIEW_GetItemRect. For non
zero subitems I may need to try to get icons inserted into another
column to test with.