Some strange winedbg regression...

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sat Dec 21 13:41:22 CST 2002

Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:

> And it seems that the invocation of this hook from the wineconsole makes
> Wine crash. I think that the problem is that the DLL is loaded from the
> application's context and called from the console context.

The problem is that system hooks don't work so well in builtin dlls
because the load address is not always aligned. For the low-level
keyboard and mouse hooks it shouldn't matter because they should
always be called in the context of the process that set the hook, but
this is not implemented yet. There's the same problem with the
journalling hooks, I'm working on it.

> Now, one could do the same for the mouse, ie install the hook only later on
> when acquiring the keyboard, but well, I think the problem would be the same
> if the debugger is started after the 'acquire'.

We should definitely do that in any case. Having the keyboard hook set
even when not needed will be a serious performance hit.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com