[RFH] _FORCENAMELESSUNION

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Dec 22 05:04:41 CST 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Why do we need to define _FORCENAMELESSUNION to get nameless unions
> in oleauto.h? Is this a standard feature, or is it just another Wine
> extension? Can someone please check the Windows headers to see how
> struct tagVARIANT is defined? Our is as follows:

_FORCENAMELESSUNION is a Windows 'feature' (checked against the latest
SDK afaik). We do it like they do. Our variant type matches the Windows
one except for tiny differences (e.g.  short instead of SHORT) and we
lack the __tagBRECORD field. I can send a patch to add these (tomorrow,
it's late here).

                     Avoid the Gates of Hell - use Linux.