RtlUnicodeStringToInteger prototype missing, and wrong?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Dec 25 01:01:25 CST 2002

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Dan Kegel wrote:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/kmarch/hh/kmarch/k109_5h6a.asp
> says
>
> "NTSTATUS
>    RtlUnicodeStringToInteger(
>      IN PUNICODE_STRING  String,
>      IN ULONG  Base  OPTIONAL,
>      OUT PULONG  Value
>      );
> Declared in wdm.h and ntddk.h. Include wdm.h or ntddk.h."
>
> Shouldn't this be declared in wine/include/winternl.h, like
> the other Rtl functions?

Microsoft does not declare it in winternl.h. We could create an ntddk.h
or a wdm.h header but these are part of the Windows DDK, not the SDK.
I'm not sure we have 'public' DDK headers in Wine.

> And shouldn't wine/dlls/ntdll/rtlstr.c
> declare it to use an unsigned long instead of an int as
> its 2nd arg, and an unsigned long * instead of an int * as
> its 3rd arg?

Yes. Whatever we do for headers, this function's signature should match
the one you give above.

> If so, I can submit a patch to fix all that, but as I'm
> a total wine newbie, I bet there's something I'm missing.

Please, go ahead, at least to fix the signature.

                            -- from some indian guy