D3D status - bis

fenix at club-internet.fr fenix at club-internet.fr
Thu Dec 26 01:14:39 CST 2002

----Message d'origine----
>De: "Ann and Jason Edmeades" <us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk>
>A: "wine devel" <wine-devel at winehq.com>
>Sujet: Re: D3D status - bis
>Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 23:36:47 -0000
>
>>> very Good idea, but it will be better if we can separate D3D[1-7] to
>D3D[8-9] demos
>>> as the two development in wine ;)
>
>I would be interested in locations of any d3d8 demos/samples which I can
>download via a url, especially if they get as far as starting - d3d8 support
>is still early stages. To avoid clutter to the list, feel free to drop me an
>email.

Hi,

Personnaly i use for simple samples:
- dx8.1 sdk samples
- some gamedev.net d3d8 samples/tutorials (a gamedeveloper site)
- some tutorials from a french game magazine (i can send you this if you want)
and for games (for hards tests):
- splinter cell demo (with vertex/pixel shaders)
- warcraft 3 demo (only simple d3d)

>>Well, as I only work (for now) on D3D[1-7] and this page is more done for me
>>to know where I stand on all the games, I did not want to add too much stuff
>>(ie as long as I do not work on D3D8, I won't add any of these games on this
>>list).
>>Otherwise, it's a bigger project (like some sort if 'developper only' application database).
> If anyone fancies maintaining a similar page for d3d8 it would probably help, as I am not the only one looking at this code, and a status would be a good idea.
> I suspect though at the moment they are all in about the same(failing) state!

;)
i'll send you a simple draft for my samples and games tests
for beginning.

>Jason

Raphael