Problem with ShellExecute and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Dec 29 17:03:30 CST 2002

Dan Kegel wrote:
> I have a windows-free installation of current CVS wine,
> with wordpad.exe and the needed DLLs pulled in from a Windows ME
> installation.  wordpad works great.  However,
> ShellExecute(... "wordpad.exe", ".\\stl\\readme.wri" ...) is failing to
> find wordpad.exe for me.

I just submitted a patch to wine-patches that fixes this.
This is the first functionality I've ever contributed
to Wine.  (Six whole lines! :-)

I also noticed that ShellExecute will sometimes try to
run the executable  "C:\\Program" (the first word of "C:\\Program Files\\whatever...").
I fixed that for the case I touched, I think, but didn't do a general fix.

When we finally have a conformance test for ShellExecute,
it should verify that it never tries to run
the first space-terminated fragment of the program name
as an executable!
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel