Alexandre?

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Dec 31 22:30:40 CST 2002

On Monday 30 December 2002 09:24 am, Jeff Smith wrote:
> I've seen no activity on wine-cvs for a week (Dec 23).
> What's up?  Holiday vacation?  Either way, Happy (if belated)
> Holidays to everyone who celebrates a holiday. :-)

Presumably, it's a vacation.  I'm on vacation in Wisconsin ATM, and
having a blast.  It's amusing that, for Alexandre, a vacation means
getting away from wine, whereas for me, a vacation means I can finally
devote my attention to it :)

Anyhow, I plan to hold back on submitting "official" patches for the
moment, since Alexandre's queue looks quite large already, although I
may post my work to wine-devel once it reaches a stable state.  As
usual, I may need some guidance :(

I've been working on tests for rpcrt4.dll.  Some interesting things have
come up, which I'll be adressing later once I have a full list of
problems I encountered (the good news is that nothing insurmountable
has come up so far).

As for cabinet.dll, I'm unable to run my normal testing regimen, which
requires broadband, and I have only very slow modem connectivity here
in the middle of nowhere.  So, I plan to whip up a test for this as
well (again there may be some issues that come up...), which will allow
me to make changes without fear of massive breakage.

Have a good new year!  I hope everyone is having a good time and getting
some much-deserved R&R.

Perhaps it's always been this way, and I'm just impressed because I am a
newcomer, but 2002 seems to have been a superbly productive year for
wine, so congrats and thanks to everyone for all the hard work and
smart thinking!

My new years resolution is to keep plugging away at rpcrt4.dll and
rpcss.exe, and to read up lots on COM/DCOM internals so that I can
build the right bridges that eventually, these parts of wine might
actually become useful in conjunction with wine's COM implementation.

Signing off to go consume the /other/ kind of wine during the last
moments of 2002...

--
gmt

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate,
tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the
minds of men." --Samuel Adams, Patriot