CreateProcess API - undocumented use

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Fri Feb 1 07:47:27 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 10:22:40AM -0200, Ricardo wrote:
> > just for understanding, what do you actually pass in dwFillAttribute ?
> > (I assume it's the number '1' in your example, and then pgm2 recreates
> > the name with a template like file%lu.dat)
> >
> > another point, if you do what Andi suggested, then please also code what
> dwFillAttribute is meant for:
> > - setting the default color attribute for a console program
> (dwFillAttribute is not meant for passing values between programs)
>
> You're rigth, dwFillAttribute is not meant for passing values between
> programs, but tell the programers. The've coded like this, not my fault,
> it's not a console program either. What happens to the file: it contents
> some values that I need in the second program. I'll see if i can get the
> code.
> Let's freeze this topic.
Nope.
Either you implement it (which might be useful in order to get a grasp of
what Wine is all about) or if nobody else wants to implement it,
then I'll certainly do it (should be a quick thing anyway).

Raising a tempest in a teapot and then saying "let's freeze it"
won't do much good ;-)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/