resent: GetPrivateProfileInt*() fix

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Sat Feb 2 13:17:45 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:13:57PM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
Hello!

> these functions were pretty much broken (overflow and signed/unsigned
> behaviour), so I fixed almost every problem.
> Some German tax calculation program barfed because of this.
> Now it works "much" better: it crashes due to a rather familiar BadMatch error
> at X_GetImage ;-)
> (I'm almost sure I know where this happens in Wine code, and of course we
> should really fix that problem finally)
I have also a german tax program (Steuertipps PC for the year 1999) and
I tried your patch as is. With or without the patch the program fails
with a MessageBox. Without patch after clicking "ok" an exception is trapped
and the debugger starts. With the patch wine just segfaults.

bye
	michael

> I wrote my private testing framework for these functions, so I'll convert
> that to the "official" framework soon.

System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.de
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart