Another Potential Slave... I mean Programmer

Joe Tennies rotund at fatnsoft.com
Sat Feb 2 14:14:08 CST 2002

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 05:42, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > I'm not trying to start a Gnome/KDE flame war, but as far as I know, esd is
> > unmaintained and the Gnome developpers are thinking about switching to
> > aRtsd. Wouldn't it be more useful to write an aRts driver ?
>
> Actually if I'm not mistaken - GNOME people are moving to gstreamer, if I'm
> not mistaken. I'm not sure since I work with KDE here...
>
> Hetz

Actually, I just looked at gstreamer.  It lies above aRts, esd, alsa, and oss.  It is a platform independent (well, not ported to everything yet, but working on it) system.  I think KDE SHOULD be heading this way and am impressed that GNOME is.  I think that gstreamer would be the way to go for WINE.