WineHQ cvs

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Tue Feb 5 09:37:35 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Francois Gouget wrote:

>    I was looking at the WineHQ CVS last week-end (trying to add a
> section about how to contribute to Wine and to beef up the about
> section) and, at least to an untrained eye, it looks like it contains
> many obsolete files that should be deleted. Here are some examples:
>
>  * a number of files exist in both .html and .shtml form. Isn't the html
> form obsolete?

Yes. It's just that nobody has taken the initiative of cleaning up. One
reason might in some cases be that there may still be pages out there on
the net that still link to them, but I think some .htaccess redirects are
already being used for a couple of those pages, in which case the .html
versions can certainly be deleted (applies to download.html and dev.html).