flaky regression(?) - patch.py?id=1012510895681951425038278

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Feb 5 15:43:26 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Francois Gouget wrote:

> A Winelib program should be able to use any of the above except
> getpwuid() and syslog(). If they use those then they will not run on
> Windows. But they can use them as long as they link with the Unix C
> library...

Thanks for that.

> > or is DebugBreak() wrong for a Winelib program?
>
>    DebugBreak() should work, at least on x86, it's just an asm("int3").
> But most likely what happens is that there is a problem in the exception
> handling.

Well, one problem is that the winelib program was accustomed to run
with stdin assigned to a file or pipe.  That seems to confuse winedbg,
so I moved it for now to a different fd.  That give me one winedbg
prompt, but if I tell it to cont, it spews endless syntax errors.
I'll see if Eric's recent patches help, and/or running it on a
wineconsole instead of a linux virtual console or xterm.

> --
> Francois Gouget         fgouget at free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/
>                   Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95

Thanks!  We'll get it eventually.

Lawson