(FWD) Announcing wineconf 2002

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Feb 6 06:24:17 CST 2002

> For those coming internationally, just hope that Microsoft
> isn't waiting
> at the airport with a bunch of DCMA lawyers to arrest you :)
>
> Mind you, M$ wouldn't do that because they don't like to
> admit that Linux,
> Wine, or anything else actually exists.

I don't think Wine does anything DMCA related right now.

However it will be much fun when we will get to the
DRM parts of Windows.

Dialog from the future:
"Oh, no, this is not a circumvention device, we are just
trying to implement copy protection to protect the
intrests of RIAA and MPAA."
"But what about the function FooIsAuthorized?"
"What about it? It is just a stub that nobody for some
reason have gotten around to implement. :-)"

BOOL WINAPI FooIsAuthorized(...)
{
	FIXME("(...): stub\n");
	return TRUE; /* Information wants to be free */
}