Wine license change

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Wed Feb 6 19:01:38 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 07:51:04PM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> Yeah, that could work. But I still don't understand your objections about
> the proprietary drivers: LGPL would work just fine with that. What's your
> concern?

Look at the copy protection stuff that transgaming have added to their
tree: they licensed it and thus quite likely can't publish the source
for this - but I still want to see this in the binary only releases
they make :-) Other scenarios I can imagine: drivers for hardware -
think of a company that wants to port their software to Linux via wine
but continue using a dongle or something like that: the dongle code
is quite likely to go into the kernel itself (and may need some support
for that by the wineserver).

  Ciao
       Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know