Some more MSVC fixes

Roger Fujii rmf at lookhere.com
Thu Feb 7 02:38:28 CST 2002

From: Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> wrote:
> > Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> > > On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Steven Edwards wrote:
> > >
> > > Any other interesting compilers? Maybe the Solaris one? What about
> > > headers? We already have 4 * 4 * 3 = 48 combinations.
> > I tried briefly with the Solaris compiler, but there seemed
> > to be enough problems that I gave up. I really don't remember what they
> > were.
> Well, the older versions for one doesn't support __stdcall.
> I'm don't know about the newer.

well, the current version doesn't seem to run under solx86 even with the gcc.
Not certain what changed.  Trying to figure it out right now (if only
cvs.winehq.org would let me in...)

> > It is probably a moot point now, since Sun has announced that there
> > will be no Solaris 9 X86.
> AFAIK they have only said that Solaris 9 SPARC will be released
> before Solaris 9 X86. Of course it is not a good sign if you
> read between the lines but still.

well, technically, they said that x86 development work has stopped, but
they can change their minds.  Effectively, they "laid off" solx86, but
added "we may ask you back..."   Not promising at all....

-r